Oh, Sunday! Today I wanted to try something new, and I prepare for you guys a Passionfruit Tart. In Venezuela, we have all kinds of tarts, well known as pies, and the most beloved of my friend is my Lemon pie, however, I have never been a fan of Passionfruit. I remember that my mother used to send me to school with my fresh passion fruit bottle and to be honest I hated, I like almost all the fruits but passion fruit was a no go for me.
The funny thing about this story is that, since I am in Europe, I actually miss this particular tropical fruit, so today I decide, instead of making my normal Lemon pie, I will try a passion fruit tart, and of course here is the recipe.
- 250 ml condensed milk
- 2 eggs yolks
- 5 passion fruits
- 300 gr flour
- 200 gr butter
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- For the filling first I sift the passion fruits to separate the seeds from the juice and reserve the seeds, afterward I mix the egg yolks, the condensed milk, and the passion fruit juice.
- I put out of the oven the pie crust add the filling and I put it back in the oven for 20 min
- I place the passion fruit seeds in a small saucepan with the sugar and 175 ml of water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until syrupy. Place in a bowl and let it cold down.
- When the tart is ready I will put the syrup on top and I will put it on the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving
- I like to start with the dough first, so I cut the butter in little cubes and mix all together, I make a ball and I put it on the fridge for at least 20 min.
- After 20 min put it out I Roll out onto a floured surface… and cover the form I put the dough into the pie dish and trim the edges. And voila! You just made a piecrust.
- With a fork, I punch a little bit the base of the pie and I put it in the oven for 10 min at 180 degrees