Perfect Cherry Cake
I love cherries, and today I want to share with you this amazing and simple recipe: the perfect Cherry cake.
One of the things I love the most in this season is the cherries season, I can eat 500 grams cherries every day, you can give me cherries and I will be the happiest person on earth.
Although I like the cherries fresh, today I decided to make a cake just to mix things up a little bit, and let me tell you there is nothing better than a piece of cake with vanilla ice cream on top, especially in these hot days we have ahead of us.
- 175 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 350 grams flour
- 50 grams grated walnuts
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp backing powder
- 350 grams cherries
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees ( in Europe we use 200 degrees in USA would be 350 degrees)
- The first thing you need to do, is to put out the stone of the cherries and cut them in half, put a bit of sugar and set aside. In a bowl with the electric mixer, mix the sugar, and the eggs for 3 min; add the melted butter, vanilla, and the grated walnut.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda, with the help of fine strainer add one spoon to the first bowl, and mix it slowly with the spoon, then add a bit of milk and mix slowly, then again the flour till you finish both the milk and the flour.
- Last but not least add the cherries mix it slowly, and up to the oven!
- Put in the oven for 45 min, when is ready set aside wait till is cold and served with vanilla Ice cream or my husband favorite whipped cream!