Perfect Banana Cake Recipe
This is the perfect delicious Banana cake recipe with yogurt frosting. This recipe is incredibly moist and is the perfect way to use overripe bananas and it is very easy to do.
Although this is a very simple cake, this banana cake is truly nice for those who love bananas as much as we do, and more important is very easy to make.
Normally I always follow the same steps for this kind of cakes, at the end, I mix the flour and the milk by hand because it gives the dough with a bit of air and then the cake can grow nicely, and for me, it has a better consistency as I will mix everything with the mixer.
- 400 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 175 grams butter
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp backing powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 30 grams almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda with a fine strainer to avoid crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, and the butter for about 5 min until is creamy. Add one egg at a time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the sour cream and the vanilla extract to the batter
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and mix them
- Mash the bananas and add them to the batter and stir until the batter is smooth that holds its shape
- Pour the batter to a baking pan (I used a silicon form, which you don’t need to previously prepared with butter and flour, but if you use the regular form please prepared it) and use a spoon to level the top
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until the toothpick comes clean. (Check every 30 min, and if you see that is becoming dark, put an aluminum paper on top)
- In a small bowl beat the yogurt with the powdered sugar until you reach the desired consistency
- Pour the cream on top of the cake and add the chopped almonds on top